Fast 7


At first, I was with no interest in this franchise (since I've missed out the third, fourth and fifth installments). However, Fast 6 was promising and everyone was hyped up about it, so I decided to give it a try and I must say, I am impressed. 

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Fast 7. Don't get me wrong, this movie is pretty badass with explosions, fast cars and hot girls but that's not enough to cover the old and lame concept used. 

In Fast 6, we were left with the death of Han, killed by Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham). It was then revealed that he is the big brother of Owen Shaw seeking revenge on the whole crew since Owen died after being thrown off the plane in Fast 6. 

I must say that "family revenge" theme is pretty much recycled in any action movies. Remember Taken 2? How the whole gangster squad took revenge on Liam Neeson for killing what apparently was his son in the first movie. Jokes on you, Liam!


This movie also introduced a new line of characters from Mr. Nobody (Kurt Russel) a secret service (oh so original) dedicated to kill trained assassins like Deckard Shaw and Nathalie Emmanuel, a ridiculously hot hacker who ended up joining the team (like, who told her that she can join Toretto's team?)

Oh and Vin Diesel? He's still the same old big guy who can't act and blurted out some cheesy lines like "I don't have friends. I have family" or "One last ride". I must say, his only applaudable performance is when he portrayed Groot in the Guardians of the Galaxy  




Watch out for: Iggy Azalea's super short cameo (and terrible acting..duh)


Watch this if you like: Over-the-top stunts like dropping off cars from a plane or running on a bus falling off a cliff


Verdict: Watch this for the final tribute of the late Paul Walker (you might cry)

What you'll learn from this movie: When you killed someone, make sure you killed the whole family...or they'll definitely seek revenge.

Rating: 6/10

Comments